site-verification'/> Bob Curran Consultant: Let's see your college diploma!!

Monday, December 30, 2013

Let's see your college diploma!!

Although I graduated with a double major(almost--6 credits shy of a BS in Psychology) but with a B.A. in English and 3 years of biology and science as a biology major(they called it "pre-med") I was asked by a Pest Control company, among other things:  "We'll have to see a copy of your College diploma."
I've never been asked for that document in nearly 30-years of sales success.  NEVER.

My parents received it in the mail when I had already moved to East Hartford, Connecticut and I'm sure it's available by request or online, but for a "pest control company?!!"  I was at that moment that I mentally, at least, walked out that door, never to be seen again!

As Woody Allen once remarked:

"You'll have to excuse me now, Fred.  I'm due back on earth!!"

"We've been told that we're worse than the C.I.A..." the hiring manager laughed.

I hope he's still laughing because that joke is over for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment